For Women Only: An Ordinary Woman's Diet, Fitness, Weight and Beauty Log and Diary

I want to glorify Christ in my body, and I am learning how to do that. My name means "womanly," but what does that mean? When I became a new wife and Christian, I went on a mission to understand Biblical womanhood, focusing on her from the inside. In more recent years, as my body succumbed to the pull of glutony, gravity and aging, I am focusing as well on my physical appearance. I am learning how God would have me live as a beautiful woman (and aren't we all?) in this world for His glory.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Here a little, there a little

Life is hard. I don't wear a size 6 or a size 4. I don't exercise several hours per week. I help to run a hospital and work 60 hours per week. I am a mother. I am a wife. I miss my life that I had in some ways, but I wouldn't go back. I have opportunities now that I didn't have before. Later I can exercise again. I miss my back massages, my trips to the dermatologist for micro-dermabrasions. I liked finding that I was a woman. I liked who I had become. But it just set in place the me I am now. An executive that is feminine, a woman. Powerful and in control. Not silly. I am watching my weight And trying to keep it at 155 my scale but it creeps up to 158 which worries me. My skinny pants don't fit. Regular pants fit and that is okay because I am not perfect and can not do everything. I am who I am in Christ and it is enough and it is fine. I have learned how to keep weight in control and my goal is to get through the next two incredible years while maintaining the same weight. I typically eat carefully. Okay. It is okay. It is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home